1. Vietnam has a stable and secure political system; a rapidly developing economy with the average growth of 5-6% over the past five years.
2. Strategic position: It takes around 4 hours by airplane from Vietnam to reach over 50% of the global population. Vietnam is an important gateway to connect with over 250 million people in Mekong region (including Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and the Southern provinces of China).
3. The large consumption market with 95 million people (ranked 14th in the world). Vietnam has young population which 70% of population is under 35 years old.
4. Vietnam is a reliable destination of many big IT corporations such as: IBM, Toshiba, Hitachi, NEC, Sharp, Microsoft, CSC, Cisco, HP, AVAYA, ShoreTel, etc.
5. Vietnam is highly ranked in IT world map by prestigious consulting organizations:
- No.6 in The 2017 Global Services Location Index Top 20 (GSLI) (up 5 levels compared to 2016) - A.T. Kearney.
- No.1 BPO Pioneering destination in terms attractiveness - Cushman & Wakefield (2016).
- APAC’s Top 6 Primary Locations of Global Delivery Country Destinations - Gartner (2016).
- Top 10 Countries with The Most Engineering Graduates, according to World Economic Forum (2015)
- Top 2 Countries with The Most IT Workforce Fluent in English – EPI (2014)
6. The business operating expense in Vietnam is lower than China and other Southeast Asian countries.
7. The annual average growth of Vietnam information technology market is from 20% to 25%. The Government has committed to strongly support for the software industry and information technology in order that Vietnam would be among Top 10 leading countries providing software outsourcing services and digital content industry.